Vedant Batra (Founder)
BBA, Finance (McCombs School of Business), B.A., Economics (UT Austin)
- Vedant is the principal Founder of Goeman Bind. A global public policy initiative, which he established in the form of a think tank in 2017. His role includes strategizing, planning, collaborating, leading, and even conducting qualitative and quantitative research on various public policy issues including the impact investing landscape in India.
- He is a Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance from McCombs School of Business and a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from The University of Texas at Austin.
- After graduating, he started his professional career with Gray Matters Capital in Atlanta, USA by joining as an Investment Consultant – coLABS Fund; a fund that invests up to US$ 250K in early-stage social enterprises seeking to improve the lives of women. During his tenure, he screened 100+ potential investments across Africa, LatAm and South Asia to gauge suitability for the revenue-share model; performed quantitative and qualitative due diligence for investments in two African social enterprises for a total of ~$400K; developed partnerships with accelerators and incubators to source pipeline for coLABS investments; led the on-boarding of our investments to the Venture360 portfolio management platform.
- While working closely with Goeman Bind, he secured two prestigious fellowships for himself with the UNAIDS – Health Innovation Exchange (HIEx) and the Ahimsa Fund, both being based in Geneva, Switzerland. While working with UNAIDS, he prepared a concept note for a crypto-based platform to allow retail investors and donors access health innovations and startups; constructed a screening tool to holistically analyze 100+ COVID19 focused innovations suitable to be featured in HIEx’s portfolio; contributed to a business plan for the HIEx and International Solar Alliance $100M envisioned “ISA CARES” Blended Finance Fund to power health facilities in Africa through solar energy; and planned events such as “Space-Tech for Health” and “Global Health Security” to be held on the sidelines of the 75th UNGA. With Ahimsa fund, he worked with PeleBox, a South Africa based social enterprise, in a business development role identifying and building new partnerships. He also created a plan to use PeleBox’s decentralized lockers as sputum collection points given South Africa’s high incidence of TB.
- Presently, he is working as Assistant Manager with Impact Investors Council (IIC). IIC is the only organization in India to comprehensively track impact investments on a granular level. He is leading IIC’s research efforts into a technical study on the financial inclusion narrative of NBFCs in India in collaboration with CIBIL; he is in charge of maintaining IIC’s proprietary database of impact investments in India; he is leading a project on impact investment exits in India; given IIC’s access to non-publicly disclosed exit data through its member base, this will be the first holistic look at the performance of impact investors in India.
- He is conceptualizing and building the “India Blended Finance Collaborative” in partnership with USAID and MSDF. The platform will be the largest repository of blended finance resources in India and will contain the deal flow, case studies, masterclasses and a paid course.
- He has co-authored a chapter on Blended Finance structures with the IIC CEO for a report edited by a former RBI Deputy Governor; being the youngest author to be featured in the report.